linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

6.20.2011

First Swim Meet

I'm not sure if she will be the next Summer Sanders, but Ella sure does like it!  Swimming, that is.  She had her first swim meet last week.  She swam the 25m Free Style, 25m Back Stroke and Free Relay.  Her team came in 2nd overall in their age bracket so she even got a ribbon!  She also came in second in her Free Style heat.  She was so intense swimming.  Just like when she ran in the Go Lucy Go race.  I was so grateful to get to be at her first meet.  It was the day of Lucy's stem cell harvest, so I just barely made it back in time. 

Swim Ella Swim!!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Fierce determination must run in the family...I think she looks like a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures!!! Such an intense face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My younger sister loves swimming too!! I'm so glad she enjoys it! She looks SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest son is a swimmer (he is 17 now) and I so miss swim meets when he was younger as they were FUN. The club we swim for even had "Eat my Bubbles" bracelets made:)
    WTG Ella!!!

    ReplyDelete