linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

6.22.2011

Paint a Piece


One day during our break before Chemo started, we went to Paint a Piece.  It was so hot outside so we were held prisoner to our house (Lucy is uber-sensitive to the cold and heat right now).  I knew we needed to do something, so pottery sounded just right!  Amanda and the kids tagged along and we even took Jack.  I thought it would be helpful if Erik had a day to get things done around the house.  A pottery shop might not have been the best place to take an 8 month old after all.  I was a nervous wreck when we left!




All 4 kids painted puppy dogs, which turned out really cute. 


And Amanda and I even got in on the action.  She did a cereal bowl for her husband for Father's Day and I painted a cookie jar for our kitchen.  I put the kids hand prints all over it and then had the saying "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?" around the outside.  I sure wish I had taken a picture before we left for our Memphis stay, but I will just have to add one later.  The kids names were written in a circle around the jar lid, too. 



All in all it was a good day.  We ended the trip with a visit to Baskin Robbins.  What a way to spend a hot Saturday afternoon!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Consider yourself added to a lot more prayer lists! I just posted about your family. Short and sweet.. I have already had people mention it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls and I were in paint a piece that same day and saw y'all. I did not know if I should say something or not - we stopped painting and said a prayer for Lucy as you all walked out the door to your car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, you should have said hi! Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete