linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

7.29.2011

Day's End

It was another long day for my sweet Lucy.  Lots of doctors appointments and then a transfusion at the end of the day.  I had to handle her utter disappointment when they cancelled her PT and OT because her hemoglobin was so low.  Lucy has come to love both of those activities.  I think it is because that's all she has.  Going to PT and OT is equivalent to Ella going to violin practice, or playing soccer.  It's her chance to be active and even exhibit a little of her competitive spirit.  Just typing that makes my heart ache for her to be home and back to a normal life.  Good Lord willing....soon.  Very soon. 

We are going to be spending a lot of time as a family this weekend.  I am really looking forward to some time with Ella and Jack.  Here are a few random thoughts that I wanted to remember:

-Justin and Lanie had MRIs today.  I am so anxious to hear their reports.  I can only imagine how their parents feel.  Wait, yes I can.  I know exactly how they feel.  We will be doing it August 10th.

-I've been addressing thank you notes like crazy and loving every minute of it.  Some of you will get duplicate postcards.  My mom has been helping me so there is no way to know if more than one went out for those who have sent multiple gifts/cards.  I know some people think I'm crazy for doing this, but I am still amazed at how many people care about my little girl.  Thank you all.

-Lucy has a secret fairy named Fairy G.  I think that is too cute!  She sends little "happys" periodically and it always makes us smile.

-A sweet girl names Jenn sent a letter today with a Bible verse that really spoke to me.  "For this momentary light affliction is producing for us a weight of glory beyond comparison."  2 Corinthians 4:17.  May the Lord he glorified every day of Lucy's illness and may we all walk away from this changed for the better.

-And this card, from The Rhyner family read "Praying that the doctors receive God-inspired wisdom as you rest in the Lord's comforting peace."  Amen?  Amen!

We are a blessed family.  I still say a million breath prayers a day for Lucy's complete healing and for a lifetime of remission.  I place my trust in God.


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Sending love and prayers to Lucy! Enjoy your time with Ella and Jack this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Isaiah 46:10
    Kate, the peace you have is evident in the words you write. May your entire family be continuously filled with the perfect peace that only He can give. Stand firm and remember, when there's nothing left to do, still stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted you to know that I wrote about you and Lucy on my blog post yesterday. I linked to your blog so that people can pray for you guys. You are so strong, and you are a hero to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, Im wondering if you've received my money for the ribbon yet?
    Also wanting to say that im throwing an extra prayer that y'all get to have a great wkend & like everyday & night my regular prayer that Lucy has a great day (w/o any sickness) & that God continues to hold his healing hands on Lucy & each family member! Much love from *The Peterson Family! *

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great weekend with your precious family.

    Always praying for sweet Lucy!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly in awe of you, your family and especially Lucy. We pray for Lucy as a family along with another little boy named Gabriel, who is 5, that has cancer. My daughter, Julianna, was born with Craniosynostosis and has undergone 2 surgeries in her short 3 years of life. As hard as it is dealing with her condition it doesn't even begin to compare to your situation. I pray daily for you especially as a Mom and what you are going through each day with being a Mom to 3 children. May God continue to bless you and your family.
    Walk in faith,
    The Harber family from right down the street in Atoka

    ReplyDelete