linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

7.05.2011

Sunday and the 4th of July

Sunday morning my parents left to go to the hospital so that Erik could come home for a few hours for us to spend some time together.  Erik got home around 10:30 and went back around 4.  It was so nice having him home for a few hours.  Ella soaked up every minute with him.  Our friends and next door neighbors, the Dunavants, came over for lunch and we sat and talked for almost 2 hours.  It was wonderful having adult conversation.  I don't get a lot of that in the hospital.  Erik did a little yard work and then it was time for him to head back down.  I took the kids swimming again Sunday night and then ate dinner at my parents.  While they were with Lucy I think they read about 50 books.  No exaggeration!  They read books ALL DAY LONG.

Monday......
Jack had another bad night so I was pretty tired when he woke up for good at 7. Then I looked in his mouth and saw 2 little teeth.  His upper two teeth had come in through the night.  Explains why he did not sleep well the past few nights.  He has gotten 4 teeth in a months' time.  Poor little guy!  I loaded up Jack and Ella pretty early and we headed to my parents.  The Dunavants joined us at the pool for about 2 hours and then my sister, her husband and Maddie came over.  We swam, grilled chicken and spent time visiting as a family.  Here are some pictures of the highlights:





 (Ella with Uncle T)

(There may have been one or two times, but there have been few 4th of July weekends that we have not spent at the lake.  This view of the pond had to suffice.  My parents have worked hard to make their backyard look nice, so it was a beautiful view none the less.  I am holding on to hope and my belief that God is going to heal Lucy and we will be at the lake next 4th of July watching fireworks and riding in the boat!)

My time on the computer is running short, as Lucy needs my attention.  I just want to say thank you to all the men and women serving in the military who fight for my freedom everyday.  We live in a wonderful country and today I am even more aware of the sacrifice you all are making.  I am also acutely aware of the sacrifice that the families of our servicemen and women make everyday.  Moms and Dads who don't see their wives, husbands and children for a whole year.  It just rips my heart.  Thank you for your sacrifice. 


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Just keep remembering all the blessings you have. You do not have to choose between gas to get to St. Jude and buying boots for Ella. Thankfully you have family close and can see everyone. God is good and he will provide what you really need when you need it. Hard to understand and learn but he does. We have had a horrible 8 years with jobs, health, etc but there is chance that by the end of the year our income with quadruple. Only God can make miracles happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a life-long friend of Linda Joyce May---Stephen May's Momma. I *think* this is my link to you...perhaps Stephen and his wife went to college with yall? ANYway, I've been following your blog and praying for you and your family ever since Linda Joyce wrote me about you. Please know that I truly believe that a Mother's prayers are quite powerful, so I join you as a mother (and as a grandmother)in praying for Lucy's Complete Healing.

    ANYway, I've had you SO heavy on my heart these past few days...perhaps bec I've been having some of the Best Days of my life, and I feel a compelling need to share some of it with you.

    You see, I dance with my Collies. Yep. You read it right....Collies....Like Lassie, only MORE wonderful and more delightful. Last weekend saw us in OKCity dancing between the Groups judging at a big dogshow. ESPN even came out and filmed it. You can see some cool pictures on my Facebook page (I am Toni Jasper Bailey--here's the link to the recent OKC album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150242557692200.340079.563362199&l=dbcf21507f ), and also on my blog--- (www.tonibailey.blogspot.com)

    Okay, so....here's th thing....I'm thinking that James and I would love to come dance for Lucy, and any other children at St. Jude's. My Collies are registered Therapy Dogs, so there shouldn't be any problem getting permission. We visit local hospitals, retirement homes, public schools, hospice care, etc, all the time (But we can jump that hurdle, once you make your decision).

    You can see some of our performances on YouTube. My acct is FA37800 or you can just search for "Toni and James" and probably get most all of them. Here's a couple links from last wkend:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jhaFufcQk

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqOuyGdC_I4

    What I think might be fun is if Lucy (and Ella, too!) would like to pick out a favorite song, let us know, and we would work up a routine to dance to it (or them, if there's more than one song). It'll be fun getting the costumes and the choreography ready!

    I live about a day's drive from Memphis. Grew up there, as a matter of fact....Our older daughter lives near Little Rock, which is only a couple of hours away from St. Jude's. Our schedule is quite flexible, and IF you ever think this is a Good Idea, then I'll go thru the proper procedures to get permission from the hospital and Make it So.

    At ANY rate, Please know that I am praying.


    Hug each other for me. xoxoxo Toni Bailey, Tahlequah OK

    robtone@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate-
    I have never met you, but my sweet friend Julie Torregossa told me about you and Lucy shortly after Lucy was diagnosed. I have been faithfully following your blog, and have been praying for precious Lucy and your family. Your incredible courage and stregnth as a mother is truly inspiring. The light of Christ shines through you and radiates through your words. Lucy is SO blessed to have you and Erik as her parents.
    I will continue to pray ceaselessly for you and want you to know that I am always here and available if you need anything. I'm serious. We live in Collierville and I would love nothing more than to be able to help you, a fellow sister in Christ. A warm meal, run an errand for you, whatever! I'm here!
    Keep fighting the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your fight since the beginning. My heart breaks, I have cried and held my children a little tighter. I admire all of your strength and thank you for sharing your weakness and anger. Thanks for teaching me so much about the reality of just how fast a wonderful life can go wrong. I pray for Lucy and your family everyday. Thanks for the military shout out. My husband is on his 3rd deployment and will be home for 14 days in about 2 weeks after 9 months. So excited and thankful we will have our soldier home safe.Our 19, 11 and 4 year old children amaze me with their strength, patience and understanding of their dad's job. I am a proud army wife and thank all those that support our military family!! Go Lucy go!!!

    ReplyDelete