linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

9.26.2011

Long Day Comes to an End

Day one is done.  I won't say it was a good day, but it is over.  Lucy was pretty sick today after 2 doses of Amifostine.  Her blood pressure dropped significantly, causing her to feel miserable and needing a bolus of fluids each time.  Around 3pm she finally pooped out and called it quits for the day.  She just woke up now for nightly meds, weight check and vitals.  After sleeping all day, I am really, really hoping she falls back to sleep easily.  Momma and Daddy are tired and could use some sleep, too.

Taken yesterday as we were preparing to go in for Round 4.

And this little guy has been causing some trouble of his own today.

Last Wednesday he and Ella went in for their 1 and 8 year check ups.  He received immunizations and we all three received the flu shot.  The next morning Jack got sick and Lucy and I had to quarantine ourselves to my parents house while Erik cared for Jack and Ella.  After about 12 hours he was better, ruling out any adverse reaction to his immunizations.  The doctors assumed we were dealing with a stomach virus.  Since then, Jack has had random vomitting and the occasional upset stomach.  After he vomitted again today, I started to get worried.  Random vomitting was our first sign that something was wrong with Lucy.

I know it was the just the panic of a mother who is currently watching her child fight for her life, but I don't think anyone could blame me.  Even our pediatrician, Dr. B, whom I love dearly totally understood.  After she talked me off the ledge, we both agreed that Jack was probably having a food adversion or suffering from a food allergy.  When Lucy was an infant she tested positively for allergies to corn, soy and all dairy.  So....Rice milk it is for the J-Man! 
By the way, Jack is in the 50% for weight and 75% for height.  Ella, on the other hand, is in the 25% for height and 10% for weight.  Besides suffering from a little bit of anxiety, Ella is doing great.  She loves the attention of both sets of grandparents and was thrilled to have Grandma and Grandpa back to our house.  I'm sure it has nothing to do how spoiled she gets when they are there!


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Continued prayers for your family! My Dad likes rice milk and my Mom and I like almond milk.

    Blessings,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for awhile now and sending prayers to you and Lucy from our house in Baltimore MD. I have no words to help your situation - I can only add our healing prayer to the hundreds of prayers already being said for you. God Bless - Go Lucy Go! And our dog, Indy, wishes to add some slobbery kisses to this email message. He thinks dog kisses cure anything, lol!

    From the Taylor Family (Diane, Dave and chocolate lab Indy Bones)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you all for fighting. Keep you eyes on the son and you will prevail. Praying these meds kick the cancer to the curb! All 3 of your children are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got the rest you needed last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always praying for you guys!!

    Hope you were able to get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a brave mama! I think of you sometimes when I am afraid re. one of my children. Like this weekend when my oldest was sick and needed iv fluid. You inspire me and although we may never meet in person, you are such a wonderful example to so many. Thank you for the glimpse you've given us into your life.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete