linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

11.07.2011

A Day of Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for 4 things:  The moon, a dinner prayer, The Sing Off and Pink Pony Hot Chocolate.

--Tonight as I took Jack for a quick walk around the neighborhood, he discovered the moon.  Watching that innocent, wide-eyed discovery brought tears to my eyes.  He was absolutely fascinated.

--For the first time in 8 months, we sat down at the table....just the 5 of us.  We ate a meal that Erik shopped for and I cooked.  Ella set the table and Lucy said the dinner prayer.  It was the most wonderful, amazing dinner ever.  Even if it was just tacos!

--Music makes me happy.  Especially accapella music.  The Sing Off rocks!!!

--This year at the Book Fair, Ella chose a cookbook as one of her books.  Remembering how I discovered my love for cooking at her age, I was thrilled to buy it for her.  The first recipe she wanted to make.....Pink Pony Hot Chocolate.  It was a great mixture of vanilla soy milk, grenadine and white chocolate.  After Jack went to bed, we made it as a family.  What a great way to end the day.





Quick Lucy update:  Yesterday Lucy's counts were teetering on acceptable.  This morning we went back and she had taken a pretty big dip in hemoglobin and platelets.  Dr. W is still convinced that she is about to take off any day now.  We did decide to do a blood and platelet transfusion today to give her (hopefully) one last boost to get her over the hump.  She was also a bit dehydrated, so she received fluids.  We will go back next Monday and next Thursday.  If her counts hold both days, she will have her line removed next Thursday.  I am not hanging my hat on that, but its at least something to work towards.

***Thank you all so very much for the wonderfully kind comments from my Sunday morning post.  I am still just amazed how many people care for our family.  God bless you all.***


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all are having good family time! We use almond and rice milk here now but we have used soy as well. I remember the first time my 2 and half year old nephew discovered fireworks for the first time at Disney World in early March '11 and he didn't know quite how to express himself yet so the only thing that came out of his mouth was "Oh no!"

    Many continued prayers for your family!

    Blessings,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see y'all having family fun again! Lucy looks a lot better in these pictures then in the last picture you posted of her with her walker. So good to see her smiling again! I can't wait for the day you post about Lucy's line being GONE! I'm praying her toe drop gets better soon so she doesn't have to get AFOs (or whatever the "foot braces" would be)! Praying daily for your family!

    Love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the delight of a baby discovering new things like the moon. My daughter, when she was just 13 mths she loved the moon and she always said to me, "touch the moon mommy, touch the moon." It was totally adorable. :) I can imagine the feelings going through you while Jack was making a discovery. :)

    Glad you had a great family dinner. It's the small things that can bring us the greatest joy.

    Always praying,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, I came upon your blog while visiting my friend Lauren Huss's blog. I just wanted to take a minute and tell you that, even though I don't know you personally, I am praying for Lucy several times every day, and praying for you and your family as well.
    In Christ,
    Allison Carpenter
    team carpenter.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great things to be thankful of! Looks like you've got a budding chef on your hands. I hope Lucy's line can be removed soon and this will all be a thing of the past!

    ReplyDelete