linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

8.08.2012

A Day at the Doctor

This time it was Jack's turn. After 2 weeks of being sick, it was time to visit the allergist. I was born with an allergy shot in my arm. I'm allergic to everything in the environment (and have asthma), but pregnancy seems to have been very kind to my sinuses. I haven't had a sinus infection or allergy attack in a very long time (knock wood.). Erik and Ella both take allergy shots right now and Lucy had a million food allergies as a toddler. Seriously! Was here any other fate for Jack?

He did great today and I was so proud of him. He stood very still for his chest X-ray and handled the allergy injections just fine. After it was said and done it was determined that he has a chronic sinus infection, cloudy lungs on the verge of pneumonia and he is allergic to trees, dogs and cats.

I think I will seriously open a pharmacy in my kitchen!

My computer is still down so I can't organize these pictures like I'd like to on my phone. I also can't add a caption. So, what you are seeing below is Jack's back after the tests were administered and then some gratuitous Jack pictures. But honestly, who could ever get enough of this smile?

12 comments:

  1. I hope that you will keep his hair exactly like it is! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. That looks so sore, I hope he feel better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juaacklyn CunninghamAugust 8, 2012 at 9:51 PM

    He is so handsome and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Praying he feels better soon.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! I wish I had some of those curls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie he is and he looks so much like Lucy! My son also went through Thr allergy testing and we found he had a chronic sinus infection. He did a month of antibiotics and he's been great since! That was almost 2 years ago. Not so mch as a cold since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, I pray for Lucy every morning as well as your family. I met you and Eric on the first Go Lucy Go 5K last year and gave you a book I put together called "Alli's Mom" A Journey through Childhood Cancer (just in case you need a name with a face). I just read your post about allergies with your family. I think I may have something that could help you all. I too "was" an allergy sufferer. If you email me I will give you more information then. My email address is jtsedory@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is SO cute! I especially love the third photo of him in the darker blue outfit with his hands behind his back. Wonderful. :) -- And awwwww about his back and the allergies. :( But I'm glad they caught it before it became pneumonia.

    Big hug to Jack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jack is just toooo cute. Poor baby with all those pricks on his back. I know it's necessary but that doesn't make it any better. Aside from Jack being sick, it's so good to see your family in some kind of normalcy. I am praying that Lucy will make so many knew friends in her K class that she will not feel so bad about not getting to move on to 1st grade. I know that's hard but she has come so far. Continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate,
    Could he be any cuter?!!!
    I am taking a smocking class next Wednesday because I keep seeing him in his smocked outfits and they are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww poor little man! That looks painful. Hope he doesn't have too many allergies...

    ReplyDelete