linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

9.13.2012

Highlights of Party #1



For the next few days I am going to play catch up.  I am so behind in posting that I haven't even posted our pictures or details from our mountain trip in July!  Tonight I wanted to share some highlights from Ella's birthday party.  Ella and her best friend Gracen were born 9 days apart.  Since they were 3 years old they have had a joint birthday party.  I just knew that this year they would want to be a little more independent, but boy was I wrong.  When Amanda and I asked them if they wanted separate parties they looked at us like we had 8 eyes each!  Of course they wanted to have a joint party.


Don't worry.  I was holding on to Lucy for dear life and barely let her go up and down.  She had a blast and felt so "normal."

The problem was that Ella wanted a slumber party and Gracen wanted to go to C.R.O.S.S.F.I.R.E Commandos.  So, being the genius that I am I told them we could do both.  25 kids to the party and then 13 girls to come spend the night.  Yep.  I'm brilliant.  In all honesty, the kids were wonderful and the slumber party went off without a hitch.  Well, except for the storm that came through and knocked out our power for a while.



Crossfire was awesome and I highly recommend it for any birthday party. Boy. Girl.  Anyone would love it!  The girls wanted a tie dye cake so our hometown grocery store, Naifeh's, made this amazing peace sign cupcake creation.  Both girls thought it was so cool (and it tasted amazing)!  Their invitations were a tie-dye design (I bought the PDF file from an ETSY store and printed them myself), so we thought we would stick with that theme throughout the party.


Being the super cool moms that we like to think we are, we let the girls tie-dye t-shirts on Saturday morning.  It was a huge mess but the girls had a blast!  The picture on the right is of me drawing up fake blood into 5cc syringes.  Ella got a cook book from her Grandma and Grandpa and it had tons of experiments in it.  She made up the fake blood with Grandma's help and they had so much fun with that Saturday morning.


It's hard to believe that 9 birthdays have come and gone.  Before I know it my baby is going to be graduating college.  All I can do is cherish every moment and enjoy her being young while it lasts.  I love you Ella!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Ella! Just wanted to share that I received a calendar from St. Judes today and happened upon the picture of Lucy. Pretty cool to feel that I know her (through your blog) have prayed for your family, then to see her in something in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ella, You look like you had a great time. You are growing up so fast. You look like your Mom's twin. (also to your friend Gracen) Sharing a birthday with a friend for so many years just shows what a true friend you will always be, alot a kids would want that day all to themselves and not want to share the spotlight. I was so so happy to see Lucy on the swing and enjoying the party also. Kate when you can post pictures like these it has to be such a great feeling. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was such a fun, creative time!
    These pictures are great, what wonderful memories you will have. :)


    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday to Ella! You are so brave to have that many little girls over night! My Mom used to tell us every year, "I am NEVER having another slumber party EVER AGAIN!" My sister & her friends would fight all night long & it would make my mom crazy.. Glad the girls had a good time! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete