linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

1.24.2013

A Look Into Our Life -Day 2


Here's a look into a typical Tuesday for the Krull family:

Wake up for school.  Dang it if we didn't over sleep!  Once again, the whole tone for the morning was set by losing those 20 minutes.


After I took the girls to school, Jack and I made our way to Home Depot.  A new dishwasher was on the agenda.  I am just sick over it.  I would have thought ours would have lasted more than 7 years.  However, the horrible smell of a burning motor proved otherwise.  I was miserable the whole time..I hated spending the money.  Jack on the other hand, well, he had a ball!



After we got home I let Jack ride his bike inside for a little while.  23 degrees in West Tennessee is frigid.  For those that don't have humidity, let me promise you that a wet cold is worse than 3 below in a dry climate.


After Jack's nap it was time to go get the girls from piano.  Tuesdays are going to be interesting because both Ella and Lucy started piano today.  This means that Jack and I will be doing a lot of waiting around on Tuesday afternoons.  They both loved it and I think they have a natural ear for it.  I have played piano for as long as I can remember and I'm really excited they are both learning.  



After we got home I cooked dinner and Jack snuck into the sticker drawer.  Have you ever tried to peel a book of stickers off of a tile floor?  Fun times!


After dinner, both girls couldn't wait to show off what they had learned at piano that day for Erik.  We had a night full of "music" and Jack was quite intent on joining in the fun. 


Before bed there was a small improvement project that involved a piano bench and Jack's screwdriver.  I just melt when he copies his Daddy.


To round off our night, Ella practiced her tumbling right before bed.  She has mastered her standing back handspring and has also conquered her fears of a running, round-off back handspring.  We are so proud of her.  I'll try to post video of her next session. 

See you tomorrow!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Tell your dishwasher you already have enough to do in a day without it causing you extra problems as well :) Looking forward to Ella's tumbling video. And seeing Lucy and Ella at the piano makes me excited about the day in which my kids too will start lessons... It's still aways off though since they are not quite four and nineteen months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts.. I think I'm going to have to copy you! :) Next week maybe! Way to go Ella.. back handsprings are not easy and you have to be brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoy your "day in our life" posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Michigan... 23 is not cold. The current temp is 9 here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are wimps! 23 in my opinion is time to hibernate until it's time to crank up the lawn mower! Ha!

      Delete
  5. Heather, formerly of TNJanuary 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM

    If you have a steam mop use that to get the stickers off the floor. Use it right over the stickers then they will come off easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to copy this too. One day you will be waiting for Jack to finish a practice.

    I wonder if I could accurately record my day as an Alzheimer caregiver, wife, mom, employee . Everyone will decide I need therapy.

    Thanks again Kate for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, next time you have a problem with an appliance, call my brother, Trey, at Watson's Appliance in Munford. I'm sure he can help you. Just tell him who you are and that I told you to call him. He's the person who sent me the email requesting prayer for Lucy when she was first diagnosed. I love the daily entries detailing your typical week. It sounds oddly familiar to my week with 3 children - 2 older girls and 1 sweet baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look forward to your blog posts-------may many more blessings surround you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate, I really love this idea! Some day you will look back and be so glad that you have this diary of your daily life. Love the photos at the end! Wow! Wish it was video. I never could flip--too scared. lol By the way...I'm hosting a book giveaway. I read my copy last week and couldn't help but think about you while I was reading it. It's called Etched Upon My Heart by Jill Kelly. She writes about how all of the moments of life come together to make us who we are. :) I invite you (and your readers) to check it out and enter the giveaway: http://lisaschaffer.blogspot.com/2013/01/etchedupon-my-heart-book-review-and.html

    Take care!
    Lisa Schaffer

    ReplyDelete