1. Emotions. Lucy had her initial session with her psychologist yesterday and things went great. Lucy really opened up to her and talked a lot about her emotions. When I walked into the room, she totally shut down. Oh, well. I'm thankful for a start.
2. Coffee. I tried to cut it out of my life recently and then decided that was not such a great idea. In general, my attitude has turned to a "life is too short" kind of mind-frame. And you know what? It is. Life is too short and you never know what tomorrow will bring. So drink up! Enjoy your coffee.
3. Love. It's that simple. The thing of earth that keeps me going. I give it freely and receive it graciously.
4. Surprises. I had so much fun today assembling these goodies for our children, their teachers and our nieces. Who doesn't love a fun treat when you aren't expecting it?
5. Freedom of expression. Let loose, baby boy, and fly free sweet Ella!
7. Friends. Young and old, big and small. I am so thankful for the wonderful gang of friends that I have. I am so very blessed with the girls (and guys) that God has placed in my life. I don't know what I would do without them.
8. Music. Oh, sweet music. It soothes my soul and calms my mind. It elicits emotions that I never knew I had. Finding just the right song is like freedom for my spirit. Tonight I was asked to sing with three of my closest and dearest friends. All of our children (expect for one friend) are in the same choir group of church. Every year the children's choir performs a Spring musical and this year it is one with a patriotic theme. In the musical is a song that the 4 of us sang when we were 12 or 13 years old. It's called the 50 States in Rhyme, and in it you sing the name of the 50 states really quickly. It's super cute and I remember every single word as if I sang it only yesterday. All that leads up to our performance tonight and Lucy's sheer delight at watching her Mommy sing. She was totally mesmerized and so very proud. I am happy tonight because of music.