linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

3.23.2013

We Made It

Well, we made it to Colorado.  It's been an interesting trip so far.  Jack started getting sick the day before we left and he's sort of gone down hill from there.  There have been a lot of sleepless nights for us all.  I'll just be real honest and say that traveling with a sick baby is the pits!


 

Ella is having a blast skiing.  She is so much stronger than last year and it shows.  Isn't she beautiful?


Lucy has been very emotional since we've been here and after a little prodding I realized she was really upset that she couldn't ski.  She cried, I cried, Erik cussed.  It really isn't fair and my heart is broken for her.  Thankfully there are lots of extra things to do here in Winter Park.  Tonight we went bowling and she had a blast!  I think we had found a new hobby for her.  Look at this face after she made a strike.






I'll be posting when I can.  After all, we are on vacation :)

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Oh, insert- sad face. I hope Jack feels better very soon, poor little one. Ella looks like a Precious Ski Bunny,Lucy, I LOVE that huge smile from the next Bowling Champion. Good Luck to you all and praying that the rest of tour vacation is PERFECT. Enjoy and show us all your fun when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have a wasatch adaptive sports office? Snowbird does and they can do wonders with equipment and volunteers to help. I think all free too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask the same question as Lori. (we must think alike, my name is Lori too ;) ). Many large resorts have wonderful adaptive sports programs. In fact I think there is a national group that sponsors them, you might google for information. They have equipment for almost any need and often have volunteers that will spend the day helping. Much of the equipment is designed so that the user can become a little more independent with each run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her smile! And I love Hyatt! I don't personally know you, but everytime you post a picture of him with Lucy my heart is happy. He seems like such a blessing and I wanted to let you know that I pray for him, I pray blessings over his life, and I thank God for him. He seems like such a wonderful companion for sweet Lucy.

    Praying for Jack too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why can't Lucy ski?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your vacation. I'm so sorry Lucy can't ski and I pray you keep finding many fun things for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. check out kidsbowlfree.com. They offer free bowling during the summer all across the U.S. We love it. Hope y'all have fun and Jack gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Winter Park!! We've gone the past 5 years in a row! How about dog sledding, hot air balloon rides, tubing, the sledding hill in town or a snow mobile ride? Just some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOHH MY GOSH!!! LOOK at that BEAUTIFUL SMILE!!!!! I just LOVE it and her too!!! I agree and think Bowling is just what the Dr. ordered. What a gift it is to see that BIG of Smile on that little face!!! THANK YOU KATE....THANK YOU FOR SHARING Your pictures, but most of all your family....especially precious little Lucy!!! xo God Bless You All My Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! The new bowling alley is so much fun, glad Lucy was loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I see Lucy's smiling face, I am reminded that our God is such a wonderful miracle making God!

    ReplyDelete