linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

8.03.2014

Thirty-Seven



Today I turned 37.  37 years I have been blessed to be alive.  Last night I was able to go out to dinner with some of my best friends to celebrate.  It was a wonderful night and I had a great time.

This morning we went to church and I had the most wonderful time of worship.  As we sang "It Is Well With My Soul" tears flowed uncontrollably.  I held Lucy tight in my arms and breathed in every word.  It was a God-filled moment to be sure.

At one point this morning I looked over and saw Lucy holding my Grandmother's hand.  She then reached out and grabbed mine.  I know that the picture above is one that I will cherish forever.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect birthday gift.


5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! That picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you! Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo--it is priceless. I have been praying for Lucy and your family for about 4 years, but I have never contacted you. I feel like I know you personally. I was driving from Texas to West Virginia in the summer of 2011 and went past St. Judes. I knew Lucy was in the hospital, and decided on the way home I would stop in to see her. Then your blog said she was having a really rough time, and I felt that I would be intruding, being a stranger to your family. But I surely was praying extra hard for her as I went by. I have a grandson going into second grade this year, and I wish we lived close enough that he could be blessed to get to meet your dear family. You are ever in my prayers. So glad you had a happy birthday. My son with the 2nd grader is 38. His firstborn would be nine years old, but he only stayed with us four days before Jesus took him home. My son is a single father raising his son and doing a great job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated 37th birthday! Praying for an amazing year for you.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears streaming! Absolutely LOVE this picture!

    ReplyDelete