linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

10.12.2014

Jack Turned 4

So much has happened since I last blogged.  It's a constant frustration that I'm sure many moms experience.  I so want to document every day of our lives, after all this is our living journal.  The problem is that if you really want to live every day there is hardly any time left to actually sit down and write about it.  Until I figure out how to find a balance, or hit the jackpot and hire a full time assistant, I'll just keep doing my best.

Jack turned 4 in September.  We celebrated by doing what he loves most.  Playing in a bouncy house on a wide open field with lots of room to run and be wild.  12 of his sweet friends came to play and we celebrated in Optimus Prime style!





Oh, this precious boy.  There are not enough words in any language to begin to express how much I love this child.  I still find myself questioning the timing of his birth, so close to Lucy's diagnosis and after we had tried so long to have him.  Even though I wonder I know in my heart that Jack was sent to be a source of love, purpose and sometimes a distraction at such a hard time in my life.  I am so grateful to be his mother.  He is so full of energy, determination and love.  Jack gives the biggest and best hugs and when he sets his mind to something there is no stopping him.  I joke and say that I always wanted a house full of boys but clearly God knew best.  This one keeps me on my toes every minute of every day.  I'm quite sure I couldn't have handled more than one of him!






I'm not sure how I ended up with no pictures of Erik's parents but I promise they were there.  The birthday weekend was so chaotic that I couldn't have made it without them.  Jack wasn't too worried about his family being at his party but it meant the world to me.  We have been blessed with two wonderful sets of parents and amazing siblings.  Being all together makes any birthday more special.  

Until next time...you can find me living life and loving this little boy named Jack.   

12 comments:

  1. It looks as though Jack had a very Happy 4th Birthday!! He is growing so and is so darling! As are your two daughters--all three are such beautiful children with such sweet smiles. I have to say Lucy looks so healthy and happy in the last few months. Prayers have been answered. God Bless you and your husband and your lovely, lovely family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! And Lucy looks SO healthy! She has filled out and her skin is glowing and her pretty blonde hair is growing. Ella is a beauty too. Glad you all enjoyed Jack's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Jack is 4 years old! Started reading your blog when Lucy was sick and didn't realize so much time had lapsed! So glad everyone is doing well and you have 3 beautiful kids.
    Grandma to 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Jack. Such a big boy now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack is such a cutie! You throw your kids such great parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th birthday Jack, your party looked like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Jack!!! Just wanted to note the Lucy's hair is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such adorable children. What a stunning photo of Lucy! Admiring all the gorgeous blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely family I can say. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4th Birthday Jack! Wow, four years has gone by and so quickly; he is so handsome! Love these pictures especially seeing your beautiful girls smiling so brightly.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Jack,
    You have grown before our eyes Thanks to your awesome mom! What a Handsome little guy you are. I am happy to see you had a great party and hope to watch your grow and turn five.

    ReplyDelete