linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

1.07.2010

Snow Day

Well, the snow dance that the girls and I did worked....sort of. We had a light dusting of snow. It was enough to close school, but not near enough to play in. Ella woke up, looked out her window and came running down the stairs with excitement. I don't think she cared there was not a lot, she was just excited to see the snow. (As was I at 5:30 this morning. It meant no school for us!) I had thoroughly prepared for LOTS of snow. Extra milk, snow cream ingredients, bread, etc. I guess that if I had not prepared we might have gotten more snow. Isn't that how it usually works?

We have made a couple of trips outside for short periods of time. Since there is nothing (at all) to play in, the girls are just making footprints in the snow dust and knocking the remaining snow off the tops of the shrubs. I had to give in a little and allow myself to believe that the snow on my windshield was "clean." Two trips later, the girls have pretty much cleared it off with a spoon and have eaten it all!

It might not be much, but we'll take it. I desperately needed a day at home. Stripping beds, putting Christmas decorations away and letting the girls spend all day in their pajamas! What a wonderful way to spend a very cold wintry day.










post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment