linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

4.28.2010

17 Weeks 3 Days

April 28, 2010. Journal Entry

Today I am 17 weeks and 3 days along in my pregnancy with baby #3. Those 17 weeks have flown by. I just wanted to jot down a few things so I can remember them when my life becomes a big fat blur once again.

  • I am almost positive I felt baby move today. I was laying in the bed with Lucy after lunch and felt 5-6 popcorn pops. Being my third pregnancy, I know what a baby kick feels like and I'm pretty sure that was it. I checked the babycenter website and it said I would very likely be able to feel baby (although faintly) at 17 weeks. Especially since this is my third.
  • Baby should weigh around 5 ounces and be about 5 inches long. Seems absolutely unbelievable to me. So much of her/her body is formed and he/she is so tiny.
  • I went in to the Dr. yesterday for some worrisome pains. Turns out my hunch was correct. I was having contractions, just luckily they weren't the labor inducing kind. Probably more muscle contractions stemming from my growing belly.
  • Which, by the way, is slowly but surely making its appearance. I feel "huge" already but I know the reality is I'm hardly showing at all. I can still wear a lot of my non-maternity clothes thanks to the Be Band from Target and I am just starting to pull off some maternity clothes thanks again to the Be Band. It's a great invention and I just love it!
  • The girls grow more excited every day. It is so much fun dreaming about the baby and talking about our plans with them. They both want a sister, but I think they are going to be disappointed! We will find out a week from yesterday. Next Tuesday is the BIG day. The girls are going to sit through as much of the ultrasound as they have patience for. I think Ella will be mesmerized the whole time, but I'm afraid Lucy may grow a little bored. Nanny will be there to help out with the child entertaining just in case we have problems.
  • I have not blogged about this yet, but a few weeks ago we had an ultrasound to check on baby's progress. Erik and I are so lucky to see an OB who is NOT afraid to do an ultrasound. I've had 4 or 5 already. Including one yesterday that only revealed a cute baby bottom and perfect spine and head. Anyway, at the previous ultrasound the tech speculated that we might be having a boy. Well, I'm just convinced of that fact. The pregnancy has been so much different than either of the two before. I also just have that gut feeling. We'll see.....
  • My nervousness is starting to subside. I am actually beginning to get excited. Maybe because I only have 12 more days of school. Maybe because we're about to find out our baby's gender. Maybe because Erik is finally getting excited too. Maybe, just maybe, God has given me the peace that only He can give about us having this child. Peace about leaving work, peace about finances, peace about mothering 3 children, peace about my sanity. Who knows? I'm just so happy to be at the place I am now. Loving life and loving our new baby.

Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother again. I never even thought I could love a second child, but I now know my heart is so much bigger than I ever gave it credit for.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment