linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

8.20.2009

Ella's First Day of Kindergarten

Just as many of my best friends did this year, I sent my first baby off to Kindergarten 2 weeks ago. The day before I was so emotional. I cried off and on all day long. For most of the day I could not figure out why I was so sad. It was my birthday and I should have been thrilled. But I wasn't and it was evident. By the end of the day I figured out that it was a mixture of the stress from my new "part-time" job and the fact that my baby is growing up so quickly.

It's hard to even believe that she is old enough to go to school. It seems just like yesterday that she was born. Wow! Do I love that girl! She is so beautiful, smart and loving. She is just perfect.
I have to add, its was great sending her to Tipton Christian Academy this year. I love being able to watch her during the day. It's like being that proverbial fly on the wall.

"THE" backpack-mommy loathes, Ella loves




Ella picked out Daddy's shirt so that they could be "twinkies."

Ella, Mrs. Beverly and best friend Mary Gracen


post signature


3 comments:

  1. Come on Mom...the Tinkerbell backpack is waaay cooler than some plain one with a monogram!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute blog! Hopefully mine can aspire to be a cute blog one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so funny about the backpack! sounds just like something i would say. it's so hard not to push what we like and think is cute on the them. sometimes i forget that olivia has and will continue to develop a mind of her own and i just need to go with it so she can be secure in who she is and is becoming. i forsee tons of princess, dora, and mickey mouse stuff in the very near future. guess i will just have to go with it and know that it makes her happy.

    so glad things are going good for you. i've been thinking about you and am so glad to know that this has been a good transition.

    ReplyDelete