linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

6.10.2014

Biking for a Cause




Over the next few weeks I'll be doing some major catch up with my blog posts.  So much happened at the end of the school year and I never could seem to get the step ahead I needed.  Now that summer is in full force I hope to get the following accomplished: 
  • my house purged and cleaned
  • my upstairs painted (4 rooms)
  • new curtains and shower curtain for the kids bathroom (I will be sewing)
  • LOTS of blog posts
  • planning exciting new projects for the Go Lucy Go Foundation
At the beginning of May our school did our 3rd annual Bike a Thon for St Jude.  I have to be really honest and admit that my girls didn't raise a lot of money this year.  I swear we were so busy and it just snuck up on us too quickly.  The school, however raised a lot of money and I am so proud of all the students.  

Last year Lucy could hardly do 1 lap around the parking lot.  This year she did 4 laps around the entire school all by herself.  The best part was that she had a smile the size of Texas the whole time.  It was such an amazing time watching her participate.  


Jack rode for the first time this year.  He was hilarious and those little legs of his never stopped.  He rode and rode until I thought he was going to pass out.  Isn't he so cute?  And yes, that is a blue helmet with pink hearts.  I realized the day of the ride that he had been wearing his sisters' hand-me-down helmet at home and I never had bought him a "boy" helmet.  Luckily he isn't old enough to even care.  




This is the look Lucy would give me if she knew that somehow I didn't get any pictures of Ella riding.  I feel awful about it.  Ella, when you read this please know that I was there cheering you every single lap.  Ella made more laps than any one in the school.  Bless her heart.  Put her to a challenge and she is going to succeed!









post signature

1 comment:

  1. desperateforavacationJune 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM

    Glad the summer is kicking off to a great start! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete