linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

6.19.2009

Day 3 - June Beach Trip

On our third day at the beach we had to take a break. We were all drained from the sun and needed a change of scenery (although thinking about it from my living room I wonder why in the world I needed a break from the BEACH!!??) We decided to run over to Foley and stroll around the outlet mall. I can say that we covered that mall from top to bottom and got some good exercise, but didn't spend hardly a dime. (If you remember from previous posts, contentment is something I have been praying over for a long time. Thankfully, God is answering that prayer.)

When we got home the girls took a nap and then we went out to the beach for about 3 hours. We decided that we had not tortured ourselves enough, so we got the girls ready and headed out to The Wharf to ride the big Ferris wheel. We had seen the "big wheel" as we came in on the bypass to Orange Beach. If you have never been to The Wharf, I highly recommend it! We will spend a half-day there instead of Foley next time. And there is a fantastic movie theatre if you are stuck at the beach on a rainy day---which we were NOT.

Here are a couple of the pictures I took before we left for the Ferris wheel:

Here is a picture of the HUGE Ferris wheel. It was so much fun. I was a nervous wreck, but the girls and mom really had a nice time. Being a mother has turned me into a bit of a phobic about some things and heights happens to be one of them. I couldn't even enjoy the ride for being absolutely stricken with fear that we were going to fall out of the bucket. (when i have time one day, I should really get some help.....)




Look, I did go on vacation. I asked my mom to take at least one picture of me so that I had proof I actually went to the beach.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment