linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

7.31.2013

Does Time Really Fly?

It is so hard to believe that our summer is almost gone;  the kids start back to school on Monday...all three of them.  Jack was enrolled in a 3 day a week (half day) program at the girl's school and we found out this week that his teacher had to unexpectedly resign.  Thankfully we were able to move him to another class, with an amazing teacher, who actually taught me as a child and also Lucy, but he will now be going 5 days a week.  I was not mentally prepared to make that decision, but I feel God's peace that we did the right thing.

So as I prepare to send all my babies back to school next week I have spent a lot of time thinking about how far we have all come in the past 2 years.  All of our lives changed so much in what seems like the blink of an eye.  And just like that, Ella is at her first sleep away camp, Lucy is swimming the pool all by herself and Jack is going to preschool!  Our lives have been a roller coaster indeed.

Oh, but these precious children of mine.  They make every day so sweet.  I am going to miss them like crazy when school starts back, but I am grateful for the opportunity they have to learn and grow in their knowledge of life and Christ.

These pictures are from our trip last weekend to our local water park.  Erik's sister was in town visiting and we had a wonderful week with our cousins.





Lucy crashed after playing hard for two hours.  

I wanted to mention that if you are local and are looking for a good Christian school for your children, I encourage you to check out Tipton Christian Academy.  We have an incredible thing going on at TCA and we would love for you to be a part of it!  I would love to go on for days about the accomplishments of our students, but I'll just leave you with this: our SAT-10 scores this year placed all but 2 out of 80 children in our school at least two whole grade levels above their actual grade level.  Tell me that isn't amazing!
post signature

8 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog. Why is it called 2 kids when you have 3?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It used to be 2 kids...then they had Jack:) She has scratched out the 2 and added a three:)
    Hi Kate..I am not sure if I have written before, but I have been following your blog since Lucy got sick. I am amazed of God's Healing in her life! I also saw the tv spot on your family this summer. Your kids go back to school early..kids in Canada don't go back until after Labour Day. Anyway..Just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene Guinther NavarroAugust 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

    Fun! Enjoy - we just took a lat minute family trip - it gets harder to organize when they or 22, 20, 17, and 15 years old, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think time really does fly. Just not during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad ya'll have had a wonderful, fun summer. Having a great school is a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. desperateforavacationAugust 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

    I am celebrating with you. My baby enters school as a high school freshman, wears a size 11 1/2 shoe and is huge!
    You have a sweet spirit - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What waterpark are you at? I have been keeping up with this blog since Lucy was diagnosed. You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe they are at the Ripley pool. Looked like they had a blast.

    ReplyDelete