linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

8.21.2013

Lake Weekend




I am thankful we made it to the lake this past weekend.  After finding out that Lucy has to stay dry for ten days post surgery we would have regretted greatly any decision to be away from the water.  Now, I'll be perfectly honest and say that we stayed in our long sleeves a lot of the time but we still had a blast.  We took a few friends and the children (all but Lucy who is still sensitive to temperature) swam while shivering with purple lips.  I got in once to ski and once to pull kids skiing behind the jet ski but that was all.  Since my sweet grandfather built my grandmother a potty on the pontoon, we no longer have to get in the water when, well you know.





We mainly played around the dock, swam, tubed and all the big kids skied.  Everyone got up for at least a few seconds and I was so proud of them all.  Ella skied as if she had been doing it for ages and was quite proud of her accomplishment.  Lucy cried because she couldn't try to ski and it broke my heart into a million pieces.



We ended up building a bonfire in the rain and roasting S'mores before we left on Sunday.  Who would have ever thought that the temperature in August would be maxed out at 70?  It's nuts!  I'm sure not complaining as its been the most beautiful few weeks I can ever remember this time of the year.



Thank you God for your wonderful blessings.  






post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Ella's skiing accomplishments. I'm sorry it is hard for Lucy (and you) to not be able to do things. I pray that it will get easier as she is able to do more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. desperateforavacationAugust 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM

    I'm happy you had a great weekend! Kids look sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering, but would Lucy be able to "ski" on a zip sled? A plastic board with rope to hold onto and then attached to boat/jet ski etc. It is wide enough and long enough she could start going by just sitting or laying on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete