5.13.2014

Being a Mom

My friend, Emily, has recently run a series on Moms and I am honored that she asked me to participate. Being in front of the camera is an awkward place for me, so I was obviously uncomfortable having my picture made.  I never know how to smile correctly…I always look as if I am sniffing a rotten egg!



Bad picture aside, I feel very unworthy to be a part of the wonderful group of ladies that were chosen for this project.  Being a mother is the hardest, most challenging job I have ever had.  Most days I feel as if I fail miserably.  I yell too much, my house is usually a wreck and most mornings I'm digging uniforms out of the dirty laundry!

But some days….some days….I get it right.  I wake up a few minutes early, make breakfast, actually find clean clothes and make it out of the door for school without yelling.  But most importantly, I never, ever, forget to tell my children I love them.  I am so blessed to be a mother.  It is my greatest accomplishment.  ds
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Are you kidding about the "bad" picture? You look absolutely beautiful!!
    ~From a stranger who follows your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom is beyond words really. It's my favorite thing.

    Your picture is very pretty by the way. No rotten egg face! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your last two paragraphs. And isn't it sad that we (myself included) judge whether or not we're a "good mother" based on those fairly small things???

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've got the Mom part down pat - loving those kids and telling them, plus teaching them about Jesus - the other junk - dirty uniforms is just stuff. They grow up way to fast - mine are now 34 & 42 and it seems just like yesterday they were little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful!! Being a mother is a challenging job, especially when it involves a child who has had cancer... I know! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete