linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

5.12.2014

Mother's Day


What an interesting Mother's Day it was this year.  We seem to be on a rather unfortunate streak these dates.  Mother's Day will always be a little bittersweet for me, as last year's Mother's Day marked the last time my Grandfather was ever at his home.

This year, we tried our best to celebrate as he would want us to.  We had a fish fry in his shed, soaking in the smell of memories and catfish.  Even my sweet Ella went to bed with tears in her eyes as she remembered her great-grandfather and the fun times they had together.  Ella loved his fish but loved watching him in his element even more.  He was a master fisherman and an even better "catfish and hushpuppy chef."


The picture above is the only picture I took all day.  I didn't even get one with me and my girls.  I felt like poo most of the day and just didn't care to remember through pictures how dreadful I looked and felt.  I managed to make it through lunch and then slept off and on around the pool.  Luckily there were lots of eyes on the kiddos!  When we got home I managed to do a load of laundry so that the kids would have uniforms today and then I hit the couch.  Literally, I fell onto the couch and then slept for about 13 hours straight.

My husband gave me the best gift yesterday, and that was his willingness to take over the house and kids while I slept.  I just couldn't put one foot in front of the other.  Today I have felt a little better, but my darn allergies are getting the best of me this year.  Even still, I had a nice Mother's Day and I am so grateful for my children.  It is an honor and privilege to be called Mother.

Happy Mother's Day Mom and Judy.  I have been blessed with an incredible mother and mother-in-law.  I'm not sure why I am such a lucky woman, but I count my blessings daily.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment