linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

9.02.2010

Baby Update

Today I am 35 weeks and 5 days. I am 2 cm dialated and 70% effaced. Baby Jack is head down and in delivery position. The ultrasound yesterday estimated that he weighed 5 lbs. 13 oz. Both of my girls came home from the hospital at 5 lbs 12 oz. I really, really would have guessed that Jon Keller was bigger than that based on how much weight I have gained!





The doctor said I could go at any time, but we have all been told that before. I'm just hoping that this time she is right. Lucy came at 37 weeks, so maybe I can continue that pattern! Yesterday when I got home from the doctor I was exhausted. I mean like first trimester tired. I wonder if my body is just getting ready?





I wanted to remember this pregnancy, so I thought I would list a few of the things that I specifically remember about being pregnant with baby Jack.

Here is a list of the bad things:
  • My back hurt non-stop
  • The summer weather was a killer this year (July and Aug were miserably hot)
  • I suffered from extreme insomnia. I have to take a sleeping pill every night to get any rest.
  • I had stomach ulcers the whole first trimester that caused severe pain. They cleared up with medicine but that was a miserable period of time.
  • Gaining way too much weight. I still don't know what I did differently than the first two pregnancies. Oh, well! Hope it comes off as easily as it went on. Ha!
  • Restless Leg Syndrome. I'll say no more.



Here is a list of the good things:
  • Watching my girls delight in seeing my belly grow and coming to some kind of understanding that their baby brother is in there.
  • Watching Erik's growing excitement of really understanding that he was having a little boy. At first he was very coy about the whole thing. Now I can tell he's pretty darn excited!
  • Getting a little boy's room together and buying all things NOT pink!
  • Ella and Lucy kissing and talking to baby Jack through my belly. Oh mercy! There is nothing more innocent and sweet.
  • Knowing that I am going to be a mother again. The thoughts of holding a sweet baby who is completely dependent on me is such a good feeling. I love being a mommy!
  • Allowing myself to indulge in the few cravings I've had this time around...

My cravings have included the following:


Yes, Fruity Pebbles. With just a little milk, please. Just don't put too much on because it will get too soggy before you can eat it all.

This is crushed ice. I like mine from Sonic. 3-4 large cups of it a day. Sometimes I will pour a Caffeine Free Diet Coke over it, other times I just eat the ice plain. My hematocrit was at 24 last time I had my blood drawn. That is dangerously low. I'm talking blood transfusion low. I take 3 iron pills a day, but my body seems to be fighting the iron. So...being extremely anemic causes me to crave ice. It's crazy!


Here is my other beverage craving of choice. It's the Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade that is a special feature at Sonic this summer. It's the perfect combination of carbonation, lemonade and strawberries. I love it! Route 44 kind of love. The girls that threw my baby shower even bought several gallons of this stuff for my shower "punch."

Hello Mr. Broccoli. I love you, too. Can't get enough of you. With cheese, lemon pepper, salt..it does not matter to me. You've been a good friend these past 9 months.

All in all I have had a great pregnancy. I'm not sure my body would want to do it again, but I guess its too early to rule out all possibilities. I am so anxious and excited to meet Jack. I continue to pray that God will watch over him in my womb and that he will continue to grow healthy and strong. It won't be much longer now! I love you little baby!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. just saw this! lay up and rest girl! can't wait to hear about his arrival:) and i want to see a pix of his room!

    ReplyDelete