linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

12.15.2013

Father Christmas

This weekend we took advantage of the festivities around our town square and had the kiddos' picture made with Father Christmas.  Each year our town transforms the shops and courthouse into a Dickens period town (19th century Victorian England.)  It is such a very unique idea and its worth a trip just to see the amazing costumes everyone wears.  It is truly a wonderful event.  


Since Saturday was actually the only day all month that we didn't have 560 things to do, we spent some time walking around town, doing a little shopping and drinking hot cocoa.  The best part was the visit with Father Christmas.  Later that night Erik and I attended our Sunday School Christmas party and had a nice time visiting with lots of our friends.  







Tonight we checked off a huge item from our Christmas "to-do" list.  Erik, Ella and I were the only characters in our church's Christmas program.  We were honored to be a part of such a moving evening.  Our choir sang amazingly and we had a packed house.  I'm quite sure acting isn't my thing, but I guess we did OK.  Erik was compared to Tom Hanks (ha) and Ella, of course, was a natural on the stage.  We have been working on our lines and practiing for several weeks.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad it is behind us.

This week is going to be nuts.  I sat down today and make a to-do list and a timeline for every single day this week.  Jack has his school Christmas program Tuesday and the girls' is Thursday.  Monday night is our city Christmas parade and both girls are riding on a float.  That leaves Wednesday--which is also already accounted for with church and Christmas City (an awesome light display in town.)  Sometime in there I have to get the set design finished for our school's drama club which performs 4 short skits on Wednesday.  Whew.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all are super busy--just wanted to say how WONDERFUL these pictures are! I've been watching your kids grow for the last 18 months or so and its great to see them ALL doing so well and enjoying the holidays! Praise the Lord!! (And the kids outfits-?!?! SO perfect for their ages and seems to fit their personalities!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that your family has so much fun...it makes me feel so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy looks so great in these!!! so glad you are enjoying the Christmas season with your beautiful children. Merry Christmas Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate!
    Sorry it's been awhile since I've been here for a visit. A friend of mines baby daughter was diagnosed with Cancer when she was just 7 WEEKS old! She is now 4 months old and they are REALLY hoping the Chemo has shrunk the tumour enough so the baby can have the surgery she needs to get rid of that nasty tumour. Once they are given the Okay, they will be traveling to St. Jude's Hospital. I hope you don't mind but I told her how wonderful they were with your family and with little Lucy, I was wondering if you have any advice from 1 mama to another mama (by the way, this is her first baby so everything in general is so new to her and now she has this terrible journey to go through with her baby). If it's too personal or don't have any advice you would like to share, I understand. I just thought I would ask since they are so very overwhelmed. Lucy looks AMAZING!!! I LOVE Jack's bow and Ella is as pretty as Always!! I hope and wish you all a VERY SPECIAL Christmas!!! Love from Canada! Your Friend, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ella is so grown up and very beautiful. It's wonderful to see Lucy so well and just being a kid enjoying the holiday. Jack is as hilarious as usual. Love that kid. Happy Holidays to the Krulls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are just beautiful/handsome. Love Lucy's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. desperateforavacationDecember 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM

    Glad you had a good time. Kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete