linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

6.20.2011

End of Day 1


I can honestly say that little Miss Lucy proved her true colors once again today.  She came through her first day of Chemo, supposedly the hardest day by far, with flying colors.  She only vomited 6 of 7 times all day and only had a little touch of an upset tummy.  We had prepared ourselves for the worse and ended up elated with her "performance."  She stayed fairly loopy from the anti-emetics, but other than that she was her normal self.  A little bossy, but hey!  She deserves to be in my opinion. 




The Cysplatin ran for 6 hours and after that she was freed up from the bed.  We sat up and played Toy Story Dominoes, Cooties and worked with a sticker book.  She has to have a bath once or twice a day, so that was next on the agenda.  While she was wrapped up in her heated towels and heated blankets, I did her line dressing change.  She is now wrapped up tightly in the bed watching "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids."  (And oldie but goodie.)

Tonight I am filled with gratitude as I think about how well Lucy did today.  God continues to answer our prayers and his angels must have been holding our Lucy in their arms.  She did wonderful and I feel so confident that today we are one step closer to a well child.  She has 2 more days of Chemo meds, so please continue to pray that she will respond as well as she did today.  We serve and awesome God and tonight I am so proud to be His child!


post signature

14 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that Day 1 went well. I was going to call to see if you guys needed anything, but didn't want to interrupt--those hospital days can be brutal. Will keep praying for "easy" days, and will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are close in my thoughts and prayers. Will lift you up tonight for another okay day tomorrow! I know you said she'd be up alot, so praying that you rest well in b/w getting up!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things went better than expected! Charles and I pray together for Lucy and all of your family daily, several times a day and will continue to do this until Lucy is healed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear that Lucy did so well with her first day of chemo. Praying she continues to fair well throughout this chemo journey. Continued prayers for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Lucy and WOW GOD!! Thank you!

    I'm glad you had a god first day, will be continuing to pray for you all.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying constantly, Go Lucy Go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate~ A friend of mine sent me Lucy's blog and I follow it daily. I lived in Memphis all of my life until we moved to Kansas City two years ago. St. Jude is dear to my heart and I wanted to know if I could mail Lucy a care package of goodies while she is there. I am a mom of a 16 month old little boy and we pray for Lucy every night. If there is anything I can mail to her to bring a smile I would love to do that. My email is alfrazier3314@att.net Please let me know of anything she would like. Sincerely, Laura Frazier Shawnee, Kansas formally of Collierville, TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank the Lord for a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matthew 28:16 - 17 - Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. (NIV)

    I read this passage this morning and thought of you. The disciples spent 3 intense years with Jesus & still had doubts. I guess it's our human nature to doubt what we don't understand. You are so brave & I look up to you for being such a strong Christian woman through all of this for your family and mostly Lucy. Stay positive, prayer works!

    In verse 20, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Hallelujah! HE is with us ALWAYS. Such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for Lucy and your family.

    God Bless,
    Jennifer
    Auburn, AL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a wonderful mother, you constantly help me strive to be not only a better mother but a better christian as well. By HIS stripes we are healed! Lord we know You can and WILL heal Lucy!!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grateful for a good first day, praying for a better second day...praying most of all for complete healing for Lucy. I pray that you will continue to be strong and that the love you have within your family will combine with God's love to carry you through this journey. Every time I read your blog, "you raise me up..." Blessings, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kate,
    We continue to pray for Lucy and the other children at St. Jude. I check your blog a couple of times a week. You (and my dear friend Sarah Good) are such awesome mothers. You both are an inspiration to me. GO LUCY GO!

    Tina McMurray
    Kingsport, TN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praising God for a 'good' first day! Praying for her to continue to have good results from the chemo & that those tumors shrink away!!!

    ReplyDelete