linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

2.27.2011

Prayer for a Little Angel

I've got a big favor to ask.  I know you all are saying big prayers for my Lucy and PLEASE don't stop.  We are really struggling to manage her pain.  But I met someone today who really could use a prayer or two. 

We have been so insanely blessed by the outpouring of love and support from our friends.  I can't begin to thank you all for all the food you've brought.  It's like a grocery store in our room.  And its way more than we could ever eat.  After talking with the nurses we realized that there are so many families on our floor who are so far away from home.  They have no support systems, no family to keep them company, no one to fill in for relief periods.  It absolutely breaks my heart.  I have been so humbled.  Erik and I have so many people here that we have to take turns being in the room.  We have hundreds of people willing to help us with our kids, with Lucy, with money.  Anything we could possibly need we have. 

But this sweet girl that I met does not.  She's a single mom from Arkansas.  She's all alone.  She has a 2 month old baby who has been here since birth.  I don't know her prognosis but baby Briella is going to be here for a very long time.  The mother, Erika, is taking online courses to get her degree, she has a 7 year old she has not seen in 2 months.  LeBonheur has to arrange for sitters just so she can go get toiletries from the store.  She was supposed to go home a few weeks ago to see her family but her sitter fell through and she couldn't. 

If you don't think that will make you count your blessings you're wrong.  I can't believe I am saying that as my baby lays in bed fighting for her life, but God has made me acutely aware of just how fortunate I am.For all of you who have brought food, please know that even if Erik and I did not eat it this young mother is being blessed by your generousity.  I have opened up our "grocery store" to her and she is so appreciative. I am not telling you that to pat myself on the back but rather to thank you on her behalf.

All I am asking is that tonight before you go to bed, add baby Briella and mom Erika to your prayer list.  I know God is listening.

(Lucy update to follow....)
 
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Of course! Thanks for sharing her need with us and allowing God to use you to minister to her even while you are struggling with Your own problems. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, thank you so much for telling us about your new friends,Briella and Erika! We all forget how blessed we are! Tell Erika that our family will be praying for them,too, as we lift Lucy and your family up to our LORD! It is so wonderful that you can look beyond what you are going through to minister to someone else! I am extremely proud of you!
    Other than prayer, are there other ways we can minister to them? I would be willing to come sit with Briella, coordinate volunteers to help or anything else that she needs me to do! Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can come stay with her baby and can line up help here for my own kids. Let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate and Erik,

    Thank you so much for the updates. I love that you have the angel that watched over your mom during those tough days. I love you'all and your in my prayers all the time.

    love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also would be willing to do anything that I can to help Erika. You or she can reach me by email at k.b.hensley@gmail.com
    I work downtown, and I would love to help her in any way that is needed.
    Kristin Hensley

    ReplyDelete
  6. just saw your blog this morning, but if I can help by sitting with this littleone i will be glad to..i live in collierville and work til 5 weekdays but can help in the evenings or on weekends if needed..nancy ellis..cell 662-255-0115

    ReplyDelete