linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

2.02.2011

State of the Union

Well, here it is. The current State of the Union Address:

Jack 4 months
Ella 7 1/2 years
Lucy one month shy of 5 years

Ella is still taking violin on Monday, Lucy just started piano lessons yesterday. We have Upwards basketball practice and piano lessons on Tuesdays. We go to church on Wednesday--that means a NO cook night for me. Thursdays we try to play catch up at home and then the weekend comes with a vengeance. Between basketball games, birthday parties and fun with friends, we stay so busy. But really, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Things are getting busy at TCA. We are starting to plan our 2nd annual Spaghetti Dinner, another book fair and adding 3rd grade. We are really excited about where our school is going and I just know the Lord has big plans for us! I feel so blessed to have my kids at the school and I thank God daily for wonderful, caring teachers and administrators.

Baby Jack deserves a paragraph all his own. So here goes. Jack has never been a good sleeper. I blame it partially on me and partially on circumstances. When he was born I was so sick. Everyone around here was just trying to survive. Grandparents included. That meant that whenever anyone could get a minute of sleep, we did. No matter what. That usually meant sleeping while holding a baby, though. Which, at the time we didn't care. Now we are paying the consequences. Up until last week he was still waking up 4 times a night, would scream every time you put him in his bed and would only sleep in his swing or being held. It was awful.

I got some wonderful advice from my pediatrician, my pastor and his wife and my close friends. They all agreed---let him cry it out. I had never had to do that with my girls and the thought of it sounded horrible. And let me tell you something. IT WAS! The first night I cried as much as he did, got no sleep and was a walking basket case the next day. It really was as bad as you can imagine. But every night things have gotten progressively better. Last night was our best night yet. Jack went to bed at 8 (following a VERY strict bedtime routine), woke up at 2:30. He fussed for about 20 min then went back to sleep. He woke up again at 5:00--this time starving! I fed him and he went back to sleep until 8:00. It was wonderful. And I don't mind waking up at 5:00. Honestly, my goal would be to stay up after he feeds and then workout. That is my next major obstacle to overcome! (my friend Nicole just signed up for a 5k and it has made me green with envy. Maybe I'll be there in a few months. Actually, if I could just get back into my favorite pair of boyfriend jeans I would be happy!)

So, that's it. That is where we are right now. I am trying so hard to keep my blog updated. I need to do a better job of taking pictures and posting on a regular basis. I still have at least 15 posts from last year to upload. I can't get my 2010 book printed until I do. Between the countless loads of laundry, playing with Jack, playing taxi driver to the girls and loving my husband, I'm going to try to blog, exercise and maybe--just maybe--read a book.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment