linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

1.03.2013

Basketball


It's that time of year again.  Yep, that's right.  Basketball season is here.  I don't mind, though.  What else are you going to do on a cold, dreary Saturday?  Tonight was the the big Upwards kickoff.  We had so much fun and the excitement was contagious.  The church built a big tunnel and decorated it with a balloon arch.  One at a time, each child's name was called and they ran through the tunnel as if they were a basketball legend.  For that moment, each child felt like a super star!


When it was all said and done, more than 225 names were called.  We don't live in a large town, but I have been very impressed with the success of Upwards.  Our church does soccer and a sister church, Oak Grove Baptist, coordinates basketball.


Jack spent a lot of time digging a hole in my lap, but I loved every minute of it.  I also didn't mind the 18 million kisses he gave me all night.  


Ella might not ever be the star of the basketball league, but she does a great job of holding her own.  I can tell you, without a doubt, there isn't a kid there who is happier to be playing than Ella.  I am so proud of her and very proud of how hard she works.  I'm also proud of the super handsome coach of her team.  Way to go Erik!

Even through the excitement and behind my proud smile, my heart breaks a little every time Lucy has to sit on the side line.  I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it.



4 comments:

  1. I'm praying that soon Lucy won't be sitting on the sideline but able to do all that she wants to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a granddaughter that could be Jack's twin sister.. they are about the same age and same smile and look.. and the same twinkle that's in his eyes... I sure hope and pray that next season Lucy will be out there with Ella..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics.

    My 14 year old was real affectionate tonight. He is taller than me. In my mind I remember blonde curly hair, a ball of energy. Like Jack...my baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have so many wonderful memories of Upwards basketball. Praying Lucy enjoys cheering for Ella and gets to play next year ; ) When our youngest was old enough to play, dad started coaching...that just multiplied the fun. (And...daddy drove to practice ; )

    ReplyDelete