linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

8.01.2011

Fever

Well, it was inevitable I guess.  We came in around 4:45 this morning.  Fever was 101 at the Target House.  Fever was 98.7 when we got here.  I am sick about it but we are here until counts rise.  We are all hoping that this is a rebound fever, often associated with rising counts.  I will post more this afternoon.  Right now I am trying to get Lucy ready for OT and then PT. 

Today was supposed to be her first day of school at St. Jude.  She is quite devastated that she is not going to her new classroom.  We even went to Target last night and bought new school supplies to put in her snazzy new backpack.  The teacher is going to come up here and meet with her, but its still not the same. 

Lots to update, but gotta go now.  Praying and Praying for a quick rise in her ANC.  We are all ready to go HOME!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a bummer, that today won't be that first exciting day of school for her. I'll be praying for her, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for all of the family---especially Little Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe....praying! how disappointing for both of you! I will be praying the first day she does go will have an extra special blessing just for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there...I have been following your journey for some time, but I haven't been able to find the right words to comment.....I have been praying like CRAZY though...I did want to share with you that my name is Jen Weber from near Peoria, IL and each year our community in Roanoke, IL welcomes St. Jude runners from Chicago on their way through to Peoria for the annual St. Jude telethon. I had a student that I taught that was part of St. Jude for years and have always supported this great cause. If you haven't heard of it yet, there is also a run called the Memphis to Peoria run where runners raise funds for St. Jude. I just wanted to share with you that this is a great cause and each year we watch and support the runners for all of the children of St. Jude. This year I will be thinking of your precious Lucy and continuing to pray for her and your family. You are an inspiration to me as I read your posts. Thank you for sharing your journey. Please know that a day doesn't go by that I don't think and pray for you all.I will try to take a picture for you of the Chicago runners as they come through town. There are also many other communties that do this too...Champaign, Minonk, Dunlap, Chillicothe, the list goes on and on!:)

    Sincerely,
    Jen Weber
    jjweber2@frontier.com

    ReplyDelete