linehomedotaboutdotcontactdotlucy's storydotgo lucy go foundationline

3.06.2011

Thou, Oh Lord - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir

I am so insanely tired.  Seriously.  I can hardly breathe much less put together a coherent thought.  I was going to check one email and then I came across this post from my friend Amy.  Apparently at our church this morning the choir sang the song below.  My mother swore she thought they were all about to go up in Rapture.  Oh, Lord how I wish that were true so my precious Lucy did not have to suffer like she is.  As I sit hear and type I am crying tears of gratitude.  So thankful that God laid it upon Amy to post that song so that I could hear it.  Oh how I wish I could have been in worship this morning, singing to God with my hands raised.  My soul is yearning to be filled right now.  Music has always been a big part of my life, and I worship best through music.  My dad brought a radio up to our room so that I could listen to praise music but Lucy's head hurts too bad for me to listen to it. I need to remember to get my headphones from home...

Lucy had a bad pain day today.  She wants so badly to be out of her bed and screams with frustration when she remembers she can't walk.  Her stamina just won't allow her to sit up very long at all and she has been so sick that we've gotten very behind in PT.  Please pray that we would be able to start back with PT tomorrow.  Tomorrow is her 5th birthday.  I've been pretty down in the dumps about it today to be honest with you.  I had to change my perspective, however, when my new friend Hope reminded me that I should consider this Lucy's best birthday because she is alive to celebrate it.  She is so right.  Lucy has a nasty, nasty cancer and is a very sick little girl.  But she is here. She is alive and just perfect in my eyes.  Praise God!!!!

Just wanted to share a Facebook posting from our new friend Tracy.  She is Dr. Boop's nurse practitioner and right hand woman.  To me, she is more than that.  She has been a friend, a confidant, a shoulder to cry on and someone I can trust.  She's not going to give us the run around about anything and will be with us until the very end.  God put her in our life for a reason.  She's a Christian lady and I believe that God is working through her to give us hope and reassurance:

For all of you out there on Lucy's journey...let me introduce myself...I like to be called Aunt Tracy...aka....Dr Boop's NP....This little girl has won her battle...victory has been claimed...we just have to travel this road with her so she can become the Lady - Christ desires.....So tonight in your prayers...thank Him for the victory won and strength for the road....TT

                          

I took the liberty of copying the words for the song below that Amy had written out on her blog.  I encourage you to listen to this song and really listen to the words.  Erik and I were just laying on our tiny little couch together, trying to steal away a quite moment to reconnect, and I told him that tonight I felt empty.  I am exhausted on all levels.  I am praying tonight that God would refill my tank and fill me with His spirit for the days ahead.  He knows I can't do it alone.





Many are they increased that troubled me

Many are they that rise up gainst me
Many there be which say of my soul
There is no help for him in God

But thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head

I cried unto the Lord with my voice
And he heard me out of His holy hill
I laid me down and slept and awaked
For the Lord sustained, for He sustained me

Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me
My glory and the lifter of my head



Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, I will uphold you with My righteous hand." -Isaiah 41:10





post signature

22 comments:

  1. Kate,
    I learned about your story through a friend of yours, Jessica. I think you are an amazing woman and mother to one amazing little girl. I have 3 little girls of my own. I just wanted to share this song with you I'm not sure if you know it or not. But I know for myself sometimes when I just don't have the words or energy, I turn to music. I can't even begin to imagine this journey you have traveled so far. But I just wanted to remind you even though I don't know you, that God created you special to be Lucy's mom and for her to be your little girl and I know you are an amazing mom to all your beautiful children. So keep being that amazing person God created you to be in their lives. Lots of love and prayers! Love, Brooke

    Here's the lyrics to the song "Your Hands" and a link to it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l3CEMWCxSk

    I have unanswered prayers
    I have trouble I wish wasn't there
    And I have asked a thousand ways
    That You would take my pain away
    That You would take my pain away

    I am trying to understand
    How to walk this weary land
    Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
    Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
    Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

    When my world is shaking
    Heaven stands
    When my heart is breaking
    I never leave Your hands

    When You walked upon the Earth
    You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
    I know You hate to see me cry
    One day You will set all things right
    Yea, one day You will set all things right

    When my world is shaking
    Heaven stands
    When my heart is breaking
    I never leave Your hands

    Your hands
    Your hands that shape the world
    Are holding me, they hold me still
    Your hands that shape the world
    Are holding me, they hold me still

    When my world is shaking
    Heaven stands
    When my heart is breaking
    I never leave You when...

    When my world is shaking
    Heaven stands
    When my heart is breaking
    I never leave...
    I never leave Your hands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kate, we sang, and today, the presence of the Lord was surely in that place!! Your mother was right. And it wasn't because we're such a great choir but because all of us were singing from deep within our hearts and souls and meant every word we sang! We all have been so burdened by Lucy's illness; yet, those of us who know our Lord Jesus as our Savior have truly had the experience of Him being the "sustainer" and the "lifter of our heads!" No other Way would get us through this!
    Love you, "Sari"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,

    I am praying that God refill your spirit and body in every way tonight. He is God on the mountain and God in the valley. I am praying as I type that He would fill you and your cup run over with His love, grace, mercy, and strength.

    Love, Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate...I just wanted to check in and see how Lucy's day was ...and how your day was. I can't imagine how emotionally & physically exhausted you must be. You are on my heart and the heart of many, many others who have chosen to walk by your side through this fire. I am praying that Lucy has a pain free day tomorrow.. That God will give her a little extra strength so that she can enjoy her birthday and everything that goes along with turning 5 (she is a whole hand now!) :o) I'm praying for a beautiful day of warm sunshine and beautiful blue skies. I pray that you will see just your precious little girl tomorrow and not the cancer she is battling. I pray that you and Lucy, your husband and your other 2 babies have a peaceful, restful sleep tonight, as well as sweet dreams. Tomorrow is going to be wonderful!! In Him, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate,
    I have heard the story of Lucy through others on Facebook. I know your mom and dad, your grandparents, your whole family from a long time ago. I grew up in Covington and went to First Baptist Church. My name is Becky Ronk Ellis. I have been praying for Lucy and your family ever since I first heard about Lucy. I can feel your tiredness and I will pray for the Lord to hold you up and renew your strength. I will also pray for Lucy to regain her strength and enjoy her birthday. You have a precious family.

    Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.
    Jeremiah 17:14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for you as you fight the good fight. Praying for physical and emotional strength as the mommy of a baby girl who is hurting so badly. Your heart is raw and that's ok. God is there with a healing balm and when you're just too tired to lift your arms up to Him know that there are many here loving and supporting you from afar and holding your arms up to Him. He is there and we are here for you.

    I am so thankful that God led me to click on the Lucy icon on one of my reader's blogs. He had a new task for me and that was to pray faithfully for Lucy, yourself, your family, the doctors, nurses, PTs and so many more. I am so thankful for modern technology that offers us the priviledge of meeting new friends whom we will not meet until we're in heaven together yet while here on earth we can pray. What a great and awesome God we serve!

    Praying for you daily. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I head of your precious Lucy through another blog. I will be praying for Lucy, you and your entire family. I am adding Lucy's button to my blog sidebar, so that others will remember to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you in GA. Found you from another blog. My youngest daughter is Lucy, (turned 3 on thurs) and so I will remember to pray for your precious Lucy. May God fill you dear sister with His spirit and strength for the day. Lord have mercy on Lucy on her birthday...we claim her healing in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog from a friend on facebook. It is truly amazing how your story has touched so many lives. I have so many friends on my facebook that have your precious angel as their profile picture, it's hard to tell who is who! I am a member of renaissance choir at Bethel University and we actually sing "Thou, Oh Lord" in our concerts. Maybe one day we could make a special trip to Memphis just to sing to all the children and parents at St. Jude. You and your family are in my prayers. And just remember that God will not put you through anything you can't handle. You and your family are tremendously strong. Keep your head up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too clicked on your blog from another's I read and will continue to follow Lucy's story. From one mother to another, I can not imagine how you feel, but I want you to know that I am praying for you and your daughter. Praise God she is alive to celebrate her 5th birthday and that she celebrates her 6, 7th and beyond! (As Buzz Lightyear would say, "To Infinity and Beyond!" (I have 2 children, a 7 and 3 year old, who adore Buzz and Woody!!)
    God will answer our prayers!! Stay strong Mama!!
    Raeanne from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Lucy, we are a family from Knoxville praying hard for you on this special day! Love, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned of your story from several of my friends from U of M. I am praying for your sweet Lucy any time she is brought to my mind, which happens to be quite often. Happy Birthday to your precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 5th birthday to Lucy. I found your blog about two days ago. I wish you all the best and hope she has a better pain day today and a great birthday. My daughter is turning 5 today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Sweet Lucy! I woke up in the middle of the night and you were the first thing I thought of so I decided to say a pray for you and I asked God to help you have an AMAZING birthday! I came across this blog a week ago and I used to teach kiddos Lucy's age and I just cant keep Lucy off my mind! Lucy, please know that there are a lot of people praying for you to feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. God bless Lucy. I saw a prayer request link to your blog on Kelly's Korner blog. I started at the very beginning and read every entry...my heart hurts for Lucy and your family.

    I wanted to share with you, I am also following another mother's blog whose daughter is in a similar situation as Lucy. Little Kate McRae is 5-1/2 years old and suffering from multiple, very aggressive brain tumors; she is in Phoenix Children's Hospital. I thought perhaps you might get a bit of comfort from each other and what your families are going through. The blog site is:
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate/journal

    Kate's mom's personal email is:
    hollymcrae@gmail.com

    God bless and watch over Lucy and your family. This grandma in mid-Missouri is praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kate,
    It was a blessing to see God working in our church yesterday. I have never heard anything more beautiful than when the choir sang Thou, oh Lord. God was present in our church and many lives were moved by his presence. I too worship best through music. I heard this song on my way to work, and it made me think of you. I hope that you can somehow find comfort in this song.

    Laura Story - "Blessings"

    We pray for blessings
    We pray for peace
    Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
    We pray for healing, for prosperity
    We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
    All the while, You hear each spoken need
    Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

    'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
    What if Your healing comes through tears
    What is a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
    What is trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

    We pray for wisdom
    Your voice to hear
    We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
    We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
    As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
    All the while, You hear each desperate plea
    As long as we have faith to believe

    When friends betray us
    When darkness seems to win
    We know that pain reminds this heart
    That this is not our home

    What if my greatest disappointments
    Or the aching of this life
    Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
    What is trials of this life
    The rain, the storms, the hardnest nights
    Are your mercies in disguise

    HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY LUCY!!! May your special day be filled with love and joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 5th Birthday, Lucy! I love you! I pray that you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for Lucy & your family. Happy Birthday to Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a friend of Sarah and Stephanie Brasfield and wanted to let you know I'm praying so hard for your sweet Lucy! My family's been through the cancer journey as well. My mom's had two different cancer diagnoses over the last 10 years (breast cancer in 2001, again in 2004, and pancreatic cancer last August - both with very poor prognoses). Her "terminal" breast cancer has been in remission for 6 years, and her last scan for pancreatic cancer showed no evidence of disease. She's feeling great right now. I share your hatred of cancer and your hope in Jesus. Miracles happen. Praying that God will bless your family with many in the months to come!

    I shared your link on my blog today - hope you don't mind. :-)

    Happy Birthday, dear Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday sweet Lucy! We are praying for a healing here in North Carolina! God is good, He is wonderful and we pray that He will shower you with Birthday Blessings! God Bless you and your wonderful family.
    Oh, I am a friend of Kathy Cole Rose

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday, Lucy!

    Kate - Blake & I are praying for you and your family daily (and our small group is, too!)

    Caroline Peyton McCool

    ReplyDelete